Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I don't consider myself an athlete..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dero
Admin
dero

I don't consider myself an athlete.. Empty
PostSubject: I don't consider myself an athlete..   I don't consider myself an athlete.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:26 am

I was in pretty good physical shape, very aware of nutritional benefits, quite aware of the needs of hydration while being on or off the saddle of my mountain bike, I was not a weekend warrior, it was a life style, dude Cool . All of this is not souly for when I was riding, this was my life, my day to day diet, my sleep patern... For a 47 year old/young male, I think I did alright, sure I could not follow the 20 some year old machines, until last july(2007) when I was diagnosed with DVT, luckily it never made it to the stage of PE, but still, I'm now looking at the possibilities of not being able to ride MTB again, since I'm taking warfarin, the chance of crashing, cutting myself on a rock, a branch and not be able to control the bleeding, it is not a scenerio I want to try out just now...
Previous to finding out I had DVT, did I know what DVT was all about? In all honesty, I have to say no, in fact I was very ignorant about this disease.
Like many of you out there, I figured I was invincible except for when the trail beats you down into the ground. I found out the hard way, you could say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com

I don't consider myself an athlete..
Page 1 of 1