Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVT Rollercoaster

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharon

Sharon

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:54 am

Just got checked for new DVT in groin and abdomen. Thank God it was negative. Pain is still there and don't know why. Have woken up my husband for last 2 nights coughing (w/ no cold or flu) and had an entire day of heart palpatations on Sunday, so got it checked out. Once there has been a hypercoaguable state where nothing stopped the clotting, it is hard not to think every burning pain isn't another DVT.
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi Sharon,

I can so relate to this situation! I was recently diagnosed (story in The Lounge under DVT Diaries from Vancouver), and started coughing, bringing up some phlegm, and had a heavy, pressing weight in the middle of my chest. I was in the outpatient DVT program of the hospital at the time, and mentioned it to them, but I suspected/hoped it was asthma. (I've had very mild asthma in the past, but never with the chest pain). They were really diligent and tested also with a CT Angiogram and luckily, to my enormous relief, it was all clear and healthy.

Every pain I have, I am hyper-sensitive too now, and wonder when/if that will end. scratch

How are you feeling now? How are you doing?

Have a super day and hope to talk with you soon,
Brenda
www.brendablackburn.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/DVT-Support-Group-of-the-Lower-Mainland/
Sharon

Sharon

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:59 am

Hey Brenda--

I'm doing better DVT-wise, but black out on my stairs a month ago and fell down about 1/3 of the flight and shattered my ankle. I am praying I do not get another DVT with this cast on the leg. It swells quite a bit and I am not going to my office more than 3-4 hours bcs that is how long it takes to start swelling over the top of the cast. Even tho I'm on lifelong anticoagulant, I clotted thru IV heparin, Lovenox and Coumadin. So I do not have much faith in anticoagulants. Thankfully, I do trust God with whatever happens in this life, or I would never have made it this far.

As far as your question about when you stop paying attention to every pain in your leg or your lungs--never. Even if you want to, we must pay attention. When the doctors ask me if I have forgotten that I am on anticoagulant, I say, "No, but apparently you have forgotted how many of them I clotted thru and how many times I did it, haven't you?" That usually shuts them up and they check me out. Doctors go into denial too--they want to think they are in control w/ their medications and they are not. We all die sooner or later, so you would think they would learn that they don't have control over everything they like to think they do. Take care, Good to meet you.
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:17 am

Oh my gosh Sharon!

What caused the black out? Did you faint? Owww... the pain of shattering your ankle must have been excruciating! So you're saying it's the SAME leg?? Are you able to walk at all on it yet? I heard that exercise (i.e. walking) is so good for DVT to keep the circulation going, but how can you do that with a broken ankle? I guess just elevation for now, or ?

And sorry to hear about the difficulties with the anticoagulants! Hopefully, this time it will be different.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers. Keep the faith. Smile
Brenda
Back to top Go down
Sharon

Sharon

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:26 am

I have APS--antiphospholipid syndrome or lupus anticoagulant or Hughes syndrome--depending on who you talk to and what medical school they attended. I also have FVL--Factor V Leiden. Anyway, I am either having transient ishemic attacks--TIA's or mini-strokes that cause brief stroke symptoms but no permanent damage--or my blood pressure is dropping from the adrenal insufficiency that is also caused by my APS. Aren't you sorry you asked?

Yes, it was excrutiating. I couldn't let go of my ankle when I broke it bcs I managed to break every bone holding my foot on. (9-2" screws and a 3" plate are now holding it together. I did it before the Memorial Day holiday so I had to wait 3 days for the surgeon to finish his vacation. Every time I moved my toes even slightly w/ the cast/splint before he did surgery--everything was grinding in there. Yuck. Never want to do that again.

I get up and down in the wheelchair or on the walker, but if I'm up more than 3-4 hrs it swells up and I'm afraid it may clot due to the constriction from the cast. It is my DVT leg.

I appreciate the thoughts and don't worry, I will never let go of my faith--it is the only way to get thru this life with any meaning. I have followed the Lord since I was very young--not always as I should, but most of the time I hang onto Him like nothing else! Nothing else can fill us like He does.

Hope things are continuing to improve w/ you since your DVT.
Take care--sb
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:08 am

Holy cow Sharon... you have had your share of things happening! I feel for you! Any idea of how long they said it might take for your ankle to heal? How are you feeling emotionally through all this?

Things here are good... I have my next Doppler on Tues. to ensure it hasn't grown at all. I feel now that this has happened to give me an opportunity to help others (a new mission to add to my others!) Smile and help to raise awareness of the risks and symptoms. It also made me re-evaluate how much gratitude I give daily and how I can up it! I have not been as diligent as I could have been writing in my gratitude journal in the last few months, so this has given me much incentive to do so! And of course, I'm again asking, "Am I being the best person I can be in every moment?" So definitely a time for me of great introspection, personally and spiritually. So all is good. Smile

Well take care. I know we don't know each other and just "met", but if I could give you a hug I would... sending you a virtual one. Heal soon!
B
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:38 pm

P.S. Great to see you!! Super picture! Smile
Back to top Go down
brendablackburn

brendablackburn

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 am

and again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DVT Rollercoaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVT Rollercoaster   DVT Rollercoaster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DVT Rollercoaster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life DOES go on after DVT :: Post DVT :: Life after DVT...-
Jump to: