Life DOES go on after DVT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is for people with DVT, seeking comfort and information from others who understand from personal experience.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm new to the group...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
debrabwallace

I'm new to the group...  Empty
PostSubject: I'm new to the group...    I'm new to the group...  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi! My name is Debra and I just recently (on November 6th) broke my ankle while playing at the park with my children. I was in a cast for 3 weeks at which point I developed DVT. I have Factor V Leiden as well as Factor II Prothrombin (just diagnosed).
I am currently on warfarin and will more than likely be required to take it for the rest of my life. I am learning to cope with the changes that come with this new information. I have two very young children (2 and a half and an 11 month old) as well as a husband who has been desperately trying to help me through these past few weeks.
I have come to realize that I need the support of others who understand and have gone through similar situations. I have been reading through the posts and find it nice to know that at 26 years old I am not alone as a young person with a blood clot.

Thanks for "listening"! Very Happy

Also, for those taking warfarin... Have you felt confused, tired, forgetful? My coagulation nurse said that this was not caused by the medication but I know I didn't feel this way before. She said if I feel really concerned about it I should go to the ER, but I don't feel like that is necessary.
Back to top Go down
dero
Admin
dero

I'm new to the group...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the group...    I'm new to the group...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi Debra,

Welcome to LADVT, some doctors are going to tell you that anticoags don't have any side effects, THOSE are the Dr or nurse I worry about.
I say that they do have them and they interact differently with everybody.
After being on and off warfarin so many times I could feel the side effects start and stop each time.
When I was on Warfarin, I would always be cold, in a fog, forgetful, moody and yes starting to sound like a woman describing her period. (I know, not a pretty picture, but this was all the time)
Warfarin was the only prescription I was on and when I switched to Pradax or Tinzaparin or Fragmin THESE SIDE EFFECTS would COMPLETELY vanish, so I have to disagree with your coag nurse's assessment...

Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeafterdvt.forumotion.com

I'm new to the group...
Page 1 of 1